- I was born and raised in Uppsala.
- Bachelor’s Degree in English and Mathematics, University of Uppsala.
- Journalism school at University of Gothenburg.
- Master of Arts in Political Science, focus on international relations, University of Kansas.
- Foreign correspondent in Germany.
- Caipirinha with Death published in Sweden 2005.
- Followed by Buster’s Ears 2006,
- Cleopatra’s Comb 2007,
- Always With You 2008,
- On the Other Side of the Sun 2010,
- Daughters of the Marionettes 2012,
- An Eye for an Eye, and a Paw for a Paw 2014,
- The Scarred Pianist 2016,
- Broken legs and broken hearts – a completely impossible Christmas 2018 and
- Within the Walls 2018.
- I have also contributed to short story collections and anthologies, among others My
Grandmother’s story and Drama Queens.
- Awarded three french book awards, the booksellers’ price Prix Page des Libraires for Buster’s Ears and Prix La Passerelle and Prix de l’Armitière for the same book.
- Prize for best translation to French, fiction, for Buster’s Ears, awarded at Lire en Poche in Gradignan. Translator Esther Sermage.
- Nomination for Stora Läsarpriset, the Great Readers’ price, at Bokcirklar.se for Always
- Nomination for Prix Littéraire Cezan Inter-CE for Always With You.
- Nomination for Le Prix des lecteurs du festival Littératures Européennes for The Scarred Pianist.
- Published in thirteen countries, more than one million copies sold. Top list placements
in Germany and Taiwan.
- Married, two children.